Barbarians

For all your modelling and painting discussions
KevinJ

Barbarians

Post by KevinJ »

Thought I'd post up some photos of my barbarians. Still have a few blisters to get through, but I've finished most of the units. I'll post up another photo of everything together once it's all done. Had great fun painting up these guys :-)

dane

Re: Barbarians

Post by dane »

those are really good what paints do you use ?

Dane
KevinJ

Post by KevinJ »

Thanks Dane, glad you like them. I use a few different kinds but for the most part they're the Warpaints colours from Warlord. I bought a big set of them a while back and it's served me pretty well. I also use some GW paints and washes, and recently bought a few pots from Vallejo to try.
kvd1

Post by kvd1 »

Very nice!
Kyle
Paul K

Post by Paul K »

Very nice paint job Kev! Puts my Barbarian army to shame. I particularly like the range of subtle colours used on the shields - mine are all the same dark blue colour, which seemed OK at the time but perhaps now require more variation - a small repainting task for this autumn I think!
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
KevinJ

Post by KevinJ »

Thanks Paul! It was hard to know just how much to balance the colour brightness vs subtlety, but I'm glad you think it's turned out well. I only wish I'd had the foresight to keep my basing a bit more consistent. Every unit ended up being done with a slightly different flock - just whatever was to hand at the time. Oh well...

Good luck with your own barbarian touch-ups. I wish I had time to go back and repaint some of my old minis...
Paul K

Post by Paul K »

Which flock colour to use for basing is quite a common topic for discussion at our club. I have used the same flock on all my minis for well over a decade - Noch 50210 Spring Meadow. I have supplied a number of my local club members with this flock and is the base colour for all the Hexon terrain system.
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
KevinJ

Post by KevinJ »

Thanks Paul. The Noch 50210 sounds well worth me trying. I'll add a bag of it to my next order and see what I think. Thanks for the tip!
artmuz62

Post by artmuz62 »

What great warriors! Especially on the rhinos! I like!