War Wagons

Discussions about Kallistra, Kallistra Products and New Releases.
ianjgow

War Wagons

Post by ianjgow »

Hi,

Just painting my Eastern European Medieval War Wagons & don't know how to fit the 2 extra bits onto the sides. The only illustrations I have seen show the triangular shooting holes with the apex at the top & I can't see how I can do this. Any hints? BEtter still, any pics?

Cheers!

i
Paul K

Re: War Wagons

Post by Paul K »

Hi,

The two 'wooden' strips are attached to the underside of the warwagon, behind the wheels. Turn the wagon body upside down and glue them into position with a small amount of superglue. Their function was to protect the underside of the wagon against enemy infantry crawling underneath and into the centre of the wagon lager. The triangular holes enables crossbowmen and hand gunners to shoot out from underneath the wagon in a prone position.

Post some pics up when your wagons are finished!
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
ianjgow

Post by ianjgow »

Riiiiight! Now I look closely at the pic in the catalogue I can just make out the wooden strip below the wagon. Cheers for that. I'll try to post the finished article when I figure out how the hell I'm going to base the models for gaming.

REgards,

i
Sally

Post by Sally »

Examples of my method of basing is on the website, but there are so many different methods out there, each to their own! ;)

Basing guide