First Battle of the Marne

Discussions about Kallistra, Kallistra Products and New Releases.
monk2002uk

Re: First Battle of the Marne

Post by monk2002uk »

The next set of photographs is published here.

Robert
monk2002uk

Post by monk2002uk »

There is an After Action Report and photos from our Battle of the St Gond Marshes here.

Robert
monk2002uk

Post by monk2002uk »

More photographs here. They cover the set up for the second phase of our project. One photo shows all of the Hexon terrain laid out for the entire First Battle of the Marne.

Robert
wargamer1979

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hello,

Thanks for the post. Yes putting a cloth on top of kallistra is a really good idea to create the land forms if you don't use hex rules and measure the distances.

The photos are really impressive and seeing the hexes underneath high lights the thought that has gone into creating an accurate topography.

Some of the flags in the photos I see are current day flags and not for the period - like the American one? I know it is difficult to resource flags of particular historic periods.

Best wishes

Graham
monk2002uk

Post by monk2002uk »

Thanks Graham. Fortunately I wasn't responsible for the historical accuracy of the flags :) Only the topography and the OOBs.

Robert
monk2002uk

Post by monk2002uk »

Here is a photograph of all the Hexon terrain that we used to set up the First Battle of the Marne. The photo was taken from the balcony in the Dormans' Memorial Chapel:
Hexon Terrain in place.JPG
Robert