Crossing the Marne

Discussions about Kallistra, Kallistra Products and New Releases.
monk2002uk

Crossing the Marne

Post by monk2002uk »

Here is a photo of the board set up for a scenario set during the First Battle of the Marne. You can see the Kallistra Hexon terrain peeking out from under the terrain cloth. More views to come once the scenario has been play tested. The Marne river is at the bottom of the photo. The view is looking roughly from South to North. The area was the scene of German rearguard action to delay the advance of the BEF.
Crossing the Marne Hexon Terrain.JPG
Robert
Andrea

Re: Crossing the Marne

Post by Andrea »

Really well done.
My compliments.

Andrea
wargamer1979

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hi Robert

Nice neat setup. As we discussed before kallistra can be used to good effect under a cloth for topography. In the setup shown in your photograph has the kallistra been used to raise some parts of the terrain up or are the kallistra hexes flat? If there is a variation would you kindly either show a graphic of the hexes raised or a photograph of the kallistra please.

Best regards

Graham
monk2002uk

Post by monk2002uk »

Hi Graham,

I didn't take a photo of the Hexon terrain during set up. Once the play testing is done then I will post a photo for you. Meanwhile here are the graphics of the hexes by level.
Crossing the Marne Level 1 Contours.png
Crossing the Marne Level 2 Contours.png
Crossing the Marne Level 3 Contours.png
And here is a view taken near ground level, looking towards Nanteuil. You can see the TimeCast latex cobbled road winding up from Nanteuil towards the plateau where the farms are located.
Nanteuil.JPG
Robert
monk2002uk

Post by monk2002uk »

And here is another photo of Nanteuil again but taken at table level. The buildings are Paper Terrain 3mm, which I find is a better scale visually for 6mm figures. Just a personal taste thing:
Nanteuil at ground level.JPG
Robert
dane

Post by dane »

very nice like the woods