Stakes / Broken Ground / Horde

Discussions about Kallistra's Hex Based Rules
lukasb

Stakes / Broken Ground / Horde

Post by lukasb »

Hello, let me ask you three topics:

1. Stakes: If you apply stakes for your army, does it mean - if you have stakes in front of you, is the effect for all three sides of hex (or two), or just for the hex really in front of you?

2. Broken Ground: Is it allowed to shoot through the broken ground with my artillery, or not? And if not - why?

3. Horde: Are samurai fanatics also "aggresive", or not? Because the only aggresive horde is just the Chinese one then, am I right?

Thank you
Paul K

Re: Stakes / Broken Ground / Horde

Post by Paul K »

Hi,
Sorry about the delayed response - things have been rather busy at this end!

1. We play that stakes can cover just 2 hex sides- usually the 2 directly in front of the unit. However, the stakes can be moved and re-planted in another 2 hex sides provided that the unit undertakes no other activity such as shooting or hand-to-hand combat during its sides movement phase. The stakes remain planted in the hex if and when the unit moves from the hex. Alternatively, the unit can spend a movement phase picking up the stakes or simply discarding them from play altogether.

2. Shooting through open ground has proved to be an area of contention over the years. We now play at the club that broken ground does not effect small arms or artillery shooting. In effect, we treat broken ground the same as lakes which can be shot over. The updated rules include this revision.

3. The 'aggressive horde' idea can be applied to a variety of fanatical irregulars. They could be a warrior horde or a horde of angry peasants. I suppose a more general definition could be a any armed mob that are so highly motivated by anger or hatred that they will instantly attack any enemy unit that comes within their charge range without any regard for the quality or quantity of their enemy.

Please understand that the army lists are only there to provided a guiding framework around which any army can be constructed. Players can customize any army list to fit with their own particular preferences or reading of history.
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
lukasb

Re: Stakes / Broken Ground / Horde

Post by lukasb »

Thank you so much!

Let me ask - where can I find "updated rules", please? The ones I see are 2012 edition...