Free rules and scenarios

Discussions about other hex based rules
armstp

Free rules and scenarios

Post by armstp »

I have a website that contains free wargame rules and historical scenarios all based on using 4 inch hexes which might be of interest to owners of Kallistra terrain. Pretty much all eras are covered [or will eventually be covered] from Ancients to WW2. These are primarily army level command games, including corps and army level WW1 rules and scenarios using the Raging Empires basing system and figures. New scenarios are added as we play them, which is roughly one per week. http://www.hexesandminiatures.com/
Norm

Re: Free rules and scenarios

Post by Norm »

Thanks, your dedicated resource is a good boost to the hex community. I am just getting my ACW rules into shape and will post shortly.
armstp

Re: Free rules and scenarios

Post by armstp »

I will be interested to see your ACW rules Norm. I have been using a version of Volley and Bayonet which I adapted for hexes, but have never been entirely happy with how it plays out. I saw your previous comment about ACW base size. I have tended to go for large bases with all my rules, they look good and are less fiddley to move about. So I vote for your large base option out of self interest [my ACW is on 70mm by 35mm already].