Favourite Napoleonic's Miniatures

For general discussion about the wargames hobby
wargamer1979

Favourite Napoleonic's Miniatures

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hi folks

Please can you let me know your favourite napoleonic miniatures for use with Kallistra / unit types and nations.

I hope to hear from you all soon.

Best wishes

Graham
Andrea

Re: Favourite Napoleonic's Miniatures

Post by Andrea »

Hello Graham.

given my difficulties with the language I can not understand if you want to use as the Napoleonic miniatures with rules or hexagons Kallistra, or what I want to see miniatures produced by Kallistra same.

In all cases, I like the "armies minor" as Bavarians, Saxons, Italians, Danes, Wurtemburg, Polish and so on.

Sorry to bother you

Andrea
(automatic translation)

Ciao Graham.

date le mie difficoltà con la lingua non riesco a capire se intendi quale miniature napoleoniche da usare con regolamenti o esagoni Kallistra, o quali miniature vorrei vedere prodotte dalla Kallistra stessa.

In tutti i casi mi piacciono gli "eserciti minori" come bavaresi ,sassoni, italiani,danesi, wurtemburghesi , polacchi e così via.

Scusa il disturbo

Andrea
wargamer1979

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for your reply. As for rules I was thinking of the possibility of substituting some of the blocks in the command and colours game Napoleonic's for miniatures. I was hoping some people might give some insight into what brand of miniatures they have collected in this historical period.

Kallistra do not currently make Napoleonic's miniatures however I was planning to use the Kallistra scenery which is suitable for a range of modelling scales - we have seen posts on a wide range from really tiny tanks 3mm? to larger tanks of 1:72 scale. (Although no tanks in Napoleonic's the tiny tanks do stretch the boundaries when thinking about scale - I was impressed when I saw them)

Does anybody use Kallistra for larger models than 1:72 scale? What is your preferred scale for Napoleonic's please?

Hope to hear your views,

Best wishes

Graham
chopperboydan

Post by chopperboydan »

Hi my favourite Napoleonics are Adlers 6mm Range, I have painted up over 10,000 for my Waterloo project and hope to try out the new Napoleonic rules when they are out to refight the hundred days campaign :)

Here is a a few shots, Ney, old guard artillery battery and the ogre himself!

cheers Dan
Attachments
IMG_4843.JPG
IMG_4832.JPG
IMG_4838.JPG
"USUTHU!"
LanrezacMini

Post by LanrezacMini »

My favourite one's are AB 15mm and old glory last references (a bit taller than older ones) and fully compatible with great AB. I used Kallistra in a french initiative wagame (TACTIQUES published in Vae Victis french magazine) . I made a little game with my son (Ney versus Napoleon , the return from Elbe Island!).
I try to post some pictures.
Attachments
NeyvsNapo03.jpg
NeyvsNapo02.jpg
NeyvsNapo01.jpg
AustriavsFranceHussards.jpg
LanrezacMini

Post by LanrezacMini »

Norm

Post by Norm »

Thanks, I really enjoyed that. Nice terrain and the 15's look good in the hexes. I like the Kallistra 12mm because they remind me of the old 'true' 15's.
LanrezacMini

Post by LanrezacMini »

Yes, I am also on a WW1 project with Kallistra Figs and I do agree yout remark. Kallistra seems to make a little pause with WW1. What about other nations for WW1 outbreak (russians autrians turkish?) or french colonial troops? And WW1 vehicules?