Hello from me.

Come and introduce yourself here
Sean Clark

Hello from me.

Post by Sean Clark »

First post having joined after attending Phalanx today. I went along quite happily with the intention of spending about £3.00 on some bases. I have come away with plans a plenty for gaming in 12mm on Hexon terrain. All thanks to a very pleasant chat with Paul and James at the Kallistra stand.

I will publicly apologise for interupting Sally's lunch but for it was a good cause in that I spent my first pennies on Kallistra figures. That was followed by me spending a bit more later after discussions ranging from the last post under the Menin Gate to the death rate of horses in the Boer War and the Great War to flock and 30 year old Minifigs sitting in the loft.

A very pleasant day and hello from me. My name is Sean and I am a wargamer :D
"Woe to those who began this war if they were not in bitter earnest".
Mary Chestnut
dane

Re: Hello from me.

Post by dane »

Hi Sean yes the Kallistra team are very friendly and helpful.

Welcome

Dane
Norm

Post by Norm »

Hi Sean, welcome. What period are you collecting Kallistra figures in?
Sean Clark

Post by Sean Clark »

Oh my gosh, Norm. My problem (!) is that Kallistra produce figures for every period I wargame. ACW/AWI are my main love, closely followed by WW1. But I also enjoy WotR, Samurai, Dark Ages and Fantasy :mrgreen:

I have quietly observed Kallistra from afar over the last couple of years and been tempted by both the figures and Hexon. I nearly dived in when the ACW were first released but resisted. But having had a rather large clearout of stuff that has sat in my loft for years, I have money burning a hole in my pocket.

At Phalanx I bought samples of WW1, ACW and AWI. I have painted a few figures from each of them and I am now planning my next move but I think a small WW1 collection to play Raging Empires to start with. My interest is really with late war and I know that the figures will be out in time. My main focus to start will be ACW though. Although I like the look of the display figures on the 40x20 bases, I shall base mine on 20x20 just to give me more flexibility. I have a 6x4 table at home that when covered in Hexon and a couple of ACW armies will make me one happy little gamer.
"Woe to those who began this war if they were not in bitter earnest".
Mary Chestnut
Vertigo

Post by Vertigo »

Welcome Sean, you have my sympathies, the Kallistra range are certainly a beautiful thing to behold and having got my first packs a while ago have returned an bought more and more over time.

Verti
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

Hi Sean .