Space War Games

Discussions about Kallistra, Kallistra Products and New Releases.
wargamer1979

Space War Games

Post by wargamer1979 »

Hello folks,

I have just been looking into making miniature space planets... and then google suggested to me a page with a picture on the kallistra web site with really great model planets - what I'm looking for. Does anybody know if they are available to buy? (Pic below)

Hope to here from you soon.

Best wishes

Graham
Attachments
Space Kallistra - Planets
Space Kallistra - Planets
Hex-spce-combat.jpg (16.62 KiB) Viewed 11117 times
Paul K

Re: Space War Games

Post by Paul K »

Hi Graham,
'We are the makers of worlds' or to be more accurate hardwood balls airbrushed and lacquered to look like planets in a wide variety of different colours. The large gas giant in the photo was made from foam with a hard shell of glaze applied to the surface.
I will be making another batch of planets later this year - it's very therapeutic airbrushing the detail on the surface as well as thoroughly enjoyable. Last year we had major problems in sourcing the wooden balls from our usual supplier which prevented the usual production but I have recently found another source on the internet.
We have in the past only made the planets available at wargame shows to avoid supply and demand problems associated with on line sales of these unique little spheres.
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk