napoleonic rules

Discussions about any rules system
chopperboydan

napoleonic rules

Post by chopperboydan »

Hi I read somewhere that Dave and Tony had written some Hex based rules for napoleonics? Any chance of seeing a copy and perhaps play testing them, would love to give them a go, it's what I've been waiting for to refight Waterloo on a grand scale

cheers Dan
Attachments
waterloo prussian II Corp 026.jpg
waterloo prussian I Corp 006.jpg
waterloo prussian I Corp 009.jpg
"USUTHU!"
Norm

Re: napoleonic rules

Post by Norm »

I am working on my own set, here is a page from my site that has some links.

http://commanders.simdif.com/notice-board_3.html
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Hi Norm
I've just looked at the rules, these will be perfect for using with my latest 'project' 6mm Naps and the Kallistra terrain.
Thanks
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Norm,
I have read your QB scenario. You have done a fine job of capturing the events, sequence and spirit of the battle. I am going to blow the dust off my 28mm Quatre Bras project and paint up the remaining lead and plastic pile so I can use your rules and scenario!
Many thanks for these and the inspiration.
Burnside
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

I have dusted off a few units of my 28mm Naps and tested Norms rules today.
The units do fit on the Kallistra hex. Figures are based on 45 X 20 Even figs on the larger bases 45 X 40 fit with in square formation. Only artillery 2 guns are over sized for a hex with my base sizes 45 X 80 but at 28mm these are the smallest bases I could use with 2 crew and 1 gun model but no problem.
So excellent rules and appropriate with my basing! I will push ahead with painting and basing the balance of lead pile to refight Quatre Bras!
Burnside
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Norm

Post by Norm »

Thanks for having a go at these rules. i need to get back on them to tidy them up.

I am working on two sets, ACW and napoleonic, they both come from two totally different times and directions in my past, so i have been in a quandary whether to make one set more like the other to get some streamlining between these close periods - I think they are probably too dissimilar to do that without throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

They're great rules and made for a good game, albeit my slow taking up on the mechanics (all part of the process).
I was inspired enough to undercoat Hanoverian and French units yesterday so the rules have triggered the impetus I much needed to get those damn 28's painted!

The rules could be crudely adapted for ACW by adding smooth bore musket and different artillery ratings, plus maybe special bonus attack dice for rebel yell charges and elite units such as zoauves and iron brigade?? I suppose some of the formations will not be relevant but a simple rule addendum would suffice instead of re-writing another set?

I would be happy to have a go with them if you feel inclined to draft a set.

I will aim to do a Bat Rep post once I have enough units painted and based to do the rules justice for the Naps, but that could take a year!

Burnside
hammurabi70

Post by hammurabi70 »

More recent publications:

Napoleonic
* Blucher
* Laselle 2
* Absolute Emperor
* Shadow of the Eagle

American Civil War
§ Altar of Freedom
§ Picketts Charge
§ Bloody Big Battles
muyyer

Post by muyyer »

Hi,

Yeah if you read somewhere that Dave and Tony wrote some hack-based rules for Napoleonics? This is all true they wrote the rules on it I would like to see a copy like you.Thanks!I usually work on furniture.
Gilgawath

Post by Gilgawath »

Yes Dave and myself were writing a set of Napoleonic Rules for the hex system, they were up and running just requiring final tweeking. Unfortunately Dave died earlier this year, all rules figures etc were sent to his son in scotland. I think he intend to try publish them in daves name. We will be running a game at the Hammerhead show, using these rules, if you can your more than welcome to pop along and have a try.