World War One Range

Discussions about Kallistra, Kallistra Products and New Releases.
alie-55

Re: World War One Range

Post by alie-55 »

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I posted the following to the Face Book Page but this looks like a better place.

"Looking very forward to this range, particularly interested in early war before every think got bogged down in France and Flanders, and some of the lesser known theatres :- Eastern front, Balkans, Mesopotamia and Tsing –Tau. Figures for this later could also possibly be used for the Russo-Japanese war of 1904-05.
I do hope the range is not going to be all centred on the western front, is there any schedule of releases to keep our interest and allow for planning of our units please?"

Thanks for any information anyone can give me.

Cheers, Al
Paul K

Post by Paul K »

Hi Al

Welcome to the forum. We will be focussing on the western front to start with - early war then late war before moving on to cover the eastern front and Italian theatre. That is the current plan. Once these areas are covered we will then be able to focus on other theatres of this epic conflict.

We are working on a schedule of releases which will give people an approximate guide to availability over the coming months. This is a very big project and will keep us busy for quite some time!
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
von Klinkerhoffen

Post by von Klinkerhoffen »

Thanks for update Paul, I look forward to seeing your release schedule, and the hex based WW1 rules. :)
von Klinkerhoffen
Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!
alie-55

Post by alie-55 »

Yes thanks Paul, but with four years of centenary, commemorating all the famous battles and campaigns shouldn't people just have to wait for the late western front figures. For most people that’s all they know about the First World War and it would be good to learn more about all the places around the world where men of all nations fought and died in this epic war, and remember them.
And besides from a wargame point of view the late western front is mostly boring......... ;)
von Klinkerhoffen

Post by von Klinkerhoffen »

Not sure that I agree that 1917/18 on the western front is boring, but each unto their own. Before I knew more about the period I had 'a stereotypical' view of the war, but the more I have learnt the more I realised that the war on the Western Front was not just about mud, blood, and trenches. The Meuse-Argonne is something I find of interest and look forward to being able to wargame. If you still think it's boring have a read of "To Conquer Hell" by Edward G. Lengel, I think it might change your mind and possibly give you a different perspective on certain American Generals?

Personally I feel the best way (and obvious) for Kallistra to release this range is chronologically. But of course this does pose a problem with the shere volume to be covered, so they have to make choices which we as the buying public do not and hence some will have to wait before they can refight Tannenberg (second battle in 1914, not first in 1410?).

I think that the Western front will have an initial appeal commercially to wargamers, who then will be tempted by other theatres.

Great figures and I look forward to the next four years (and beyond) leaving me on Pot Noodles :shock: :lol:
von Klinkerhoffen
Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!
alie-55

Post by alie-55 »

Sally, is there any news on the schedule of releases?
I was wondering about the release of German jagers and dismounted cavalry of all nations, and are you going to bring out limbers for the artillery?

If it's going to be some time before the release of any limbers I was wondering if I could maybe use ACW 28 and have the guns changed for more limbers?

can't wait to put in an order for the new cavalry..... :-)

Post by Sally »

Artillery limbers are on the ‘To do list’ along with dismounted cavalry. However, there will be a slight time delay due to other design projects requiring attention. As of this weekend there will be 23 packs available and we will be working on a release schedule for the next cohort of early war packs.

The ACW limbers could be ok to use, but the horse and riders would need some remodelling.