Post by dane »

Hi All

The following will be the 300 point army to fight the Teutonic's

4 General's
3 Mtd. Samurai
4 Foot Samurai
3 Ashigaru Bowmen
2 AshiGaru Handgunners
3 Ikko Ikki (made into 2 x 6 stand units)
6 Ashigaru with yari
5 lots of pavis
2 heavy field guns
2 light bombards
25 units
exactly 300

I am thinking of adding a couple of units of Giants to give me a large human fantasy army I'm not sure on Dragons as D class and only 3 stands might not be around to long

Dane
Ratty

Re: Samurai Army 300 pts.

Post by Ratty »

Hi Dane,
Good choice of army. The giant option sounds good with their excellent attack power. The dragons are tricky, although with their high movement rate they are a good reserve unit to throw in where needed or pushed to the opposing players flanks to lurk ominously would also be a good use. I note you use a lot of artillery, how do these units perform in battle as I've found with their slow rate rate of fire and being unable to move and fire a bit of a deterrent to choosing them. Do you group them or spread them along the line?

Ratty
dane

Post by dane »

Well its more of an area denial really when up against a heavy armour army they have been known to completely kill whole units of knights which had to advance after combat. Bombards can shoot other units so can make a charge a more dangerous event. Also you get 2 units in a blister and when the armys big I use them

Dane
Gabz

Post by Gabz »

I like to take artillery along with most armies. It is a bit erratic I find. Barbarian artillery does not seem to be worth taking due to its short range - in two games I think I managed 1 turn's shooting with it so far.
Ratty

Post by Ratty »

Hi Gabz,
I agree the artillery is tricky. I had a game last night playing orcs against high elves. I took orc ballistae to fire over the tops of my front line but found their slow move and firing rate a big problem. Then again it could also of been me trying to outshoot the elves with artillery of my own- not a good idea! :mrgreen: We also used wizards for the first time (this was a first go with the fantasy rules) put him up front with a unit of mountain orcs as a bodyguard. Unfortunately I found out the power of a fire elemental when the elf wizard managed to summon one right on top of my unfortunate unit and wizard. Ouch! Next time will be different..... I hope.

Ratty
Paul K

Post by Paul K »

The ‘300 point showdown’ Samurai v Teutonic Order

Over the last year Dane has pitched his Samurai army against my Teutonic Order on three occasions. These 200 point games all proved to be both challenging and entertaining. Dane took the closely fought first game and I won the second with a magnificent charge by my Teutonic Knights. The third game was a very tight game in which the pendulum swung a number of times until I finally ran out of generals to guide my few remaining troops which hadn’t yet reached the casualty tray. And so, with Dane leading 2:1, we thought we would up the army points to 300 a piece, and like true Spartans attempt to lead our carefully chosen` 300’ to victory!

We have scheduled this epic battle for 26th June, and after much deliberation I have finally selected the composition of my 300 point Teutonic army for this pivotal encounter - see below:

4 x Teutonic Knights @16 =64
4 x Mounted Crossbows @12 = 48
2 x Horse Archers @11 =22
6 x Teutonic Crossbows @9 = 54
5 x Teutonic Spearmen @ 11 =55
6 x Pavises @2 =12
3 x Generals @ 10 = 30
1 x Hero General @15 =15

Total 300 points
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
dane

Post by dane »

this should be fun win our lose I will say one thing my Army is more colourful

Dane
Paul K

Post by Paul K »

Yes, your army may be more colourful and 'very pretty' but black and white, like the old films can often win over more recent remakes!
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk