Raging Empires different scale

Discussions about Kallistra's Hex Based Rules
Fenton

Raging Empires different scale

Post by Fenton »

Hi all

Finally getting round to having a look a the Raging Empire Rules and getting some more figure together

I was wondering if anyone had had any thoughts on using the basic stand= a company instead of a platoon and would the basic firing and movement systems be able to accommodate this

Any thoughts welcome
Paul K

Re: Raging Empires different scale

Post by Paul K »

Hi Fenton,

I can see no reason why the Raging Empires system cannot be scaled up or down according to the size of battle being fought or availability of miniatures. One stand of infantry could be made to represent a company and one artillery stand a battery of 6 or 4 guns.

At our club a group have written a set of grand scale hex based Napoleonic rules in which one stand of infantry mounted on a 40 x 20mm base represents a full battalion. We played a Russian v French game on Tuesday evening which we concluded in 2 and half hours.
Kind regards
Paul

http://www.kallistra.co.uk
Fenton

Post by Fenton »

Thanks Paul for the reply

Will try and post some pics when I get round to playing
von Klinkerhoffen

Post by von Klinkerhoffen »

Paul K wrote:Hi Fenton,

I can see no reason why the Raging Empires system cannot be scaled up or down according to the size of battle being fought or availability of miniatures. One stand of infantry could be made to represent a company and one artillery stand a battery of 6 or 4 guns.

At our club a group have written a set of grand scale hex based Napoleonic rules in which one stand of infantry mounted on a 40 x 20mm base represents a full battalion. We played a Russian v French game on Tuesday evening which we concluded in 2 and half hours.
Paul
Does this mean Kallistra are going to 12mm Napoleonics?
von Klinkerhoffen
Well tally ho! With a bing and a bong and a buzz buzz buzz!